Monday, September 01, 2008

Peace, Love, The Dream...Singleton 2008 Hippie Art

Peace, Love, The Dream
(c) Singleton 2008
SOLD
.
Tangled in Sunday sheets,
I stretched,
tossed,
let the Sun sprinkle pixie dust in my eyes
and woo
me back to sleep....
.
Cold, summer sleep...
And we we're dancing...
heads thrown back in laughter,
everyone else wrapped around their partners,
swooning,
but we were laughing...
.
And it was the Peace,
tattered little sticks and strings,
woven,
matted,
braided together
that
made them stare at us....
.
Love is like that....
.
Even in my dreams....
.
Watercolors, markers, ink on recycled paper

7 comments:

~Babs said...

Yeah, love is like that,,,,,woven, matted, braided together,,,,,

And I adore the watercolor effects
in this artwork!
So loose,,so free,,,so colorfilled,,,so YOU!

Todd said...

I really like this piece and the words your wrote. What talent you have!! I hope you enjoyed a peace-filled 3-day weekend!
Peace!
T.

singleton said...

Babs.....Oh, it so is....

The watercolors were a hand~me~down gift from my precious Joe, who even in his absence, seems to still fill my life...I spent the entire Monday Holiday sittin' Indian style on the porch floor, wading in paint, bottlecaps, markers....It was glorious!

Todd....And your wonderful wish made it here on wings! Peace 2 U my friend.....keep sharing it, spreading it, knowing it!

Maithri said...

She
serenades
me
like the deep light
of a
peaceful river

No matter
how broken I feel
in her words
I am whole again

Is this not
what it means
to be a poet?

So much love,

M

singleton said...

Maithri....

It's the wind
that serenades us both,
whispers
the
letters...
B E L I E V E
in transluscent
swirls
and sounds....

Reminding us....

Much love, sweet Friend....
and Peace....

Even in your dreams

Paula Manning-Lewis said...

I LOVE your peace art! I like to paint peace too. I found you on etsy and came over here to check it all out. Glad I found you!

Peace out!

Paula :)

singleton said...

Paula....Thank you, kindred soul! We are the new kids on the block in Etsyland and meeting wonderful, wonderful people! Your work is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Are you joining Peaceniks?

Peace~love and so nice to meet you, friend