Saturday, September 20, 2008

Peace Garden, Singleton Outsider Hippie Art














Peace Garden
(c) Singleton 2008
SOLD

Teeny Tiny seeds,
trinkets of
yesterday...
mood rings and
broken chains,
pennies painted red,
ticket stubs from
nights well spent...

Broken thoughts and
stories,
lyrics to unfinished love songs,
Beginnings with blurry
make~believe endings....

Memories....
Feel the love....
let 'em grow....

Peace Garden and other beer enhanced Hippie Art from Singleton available at Just Give Me Peace on Etsy

Recycled cardstock, recycled cigar box, beer bottle cap from thoroughly enjoyed bot of Mich light, markers, ink, hand~me~down watercolors and glitter!

6 comments:

i beati said...

ooh oooh ooh me like a lot !!! sandy

Maithri said...

I heard a line by William Blake today and thought of you, dear friend...

"A robin red breast in a cage, puts all of heaven in a rage"

You are
winged freedom
to me

Look how
You
take the
'every day'
and make it beautiful

My love to you, M

Todd said...

Love this!! As a teacher I am always hoping that my planting seeds of peace will grow and blossom into something beautiful.
Peace to you!!
Todd in Santa Fe

singleton said...

Ooops! What happened to my morning cup of coffee and blogger chat! Poof! They're both gone and it's dark already!

Ibeati.....Clink! Thank you sweetie! It's about the most gardening I've done all summer! Where do our days go? Poof!

Maithri....What a beautiful line and just reading it made me think of so many things,
a million images flashing by in a second....
a technicolor rewind....
I so hope everything is going well in your world, in real time....
We're on a roller coaster here...
don't have to stand in line for a ticket,
it's the endless ride,
carnival music blasting in the background,
up and down we go,
flying....
swooping in
circles....
legs dangling from rickety tracks,
shoes long gone,
barefeet dusty from the ride...
but laughing
eachtime
we hit
the Weeeeeee Bump!
Before we start the climb again...
and
JSKY...IMY

Todd....I am quite sure you have planted many a seed. I have a feeling that years from now, there will be kids sittin' in circles saying your name....and remembering...
Keep gardenin' my friend, the children are our hope!

Peace~love my friends,
Scatter it like a summer shower!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!
like seeds in the wind and wildflowers well loved...

singleton said...

Anon....Thank you....Isn't it funny the gifts the wind can bestow...scattering trinkets in the least expected places!

Peace~love and thank you for visitin'....