Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Peace, Love, and Wanee, Please... Singleton Hippie Art





Peace, Love, and Wanee, Please
Singleton Hippie Art

"He spun the paper his way
and I twirled my hair,
watching him concentrate,
biting his lower lip....
slowly tracing the #2 pencil
back through his memories
until he had it
and pushed the paper
back to me.

'Like this'....he whispered.

And I suddenly saw it like we were
sixteen again..."

Watercolors and sharpies on a Sunday morning. Inspired by a Peace Bird he drew when he was in highschool...and the Freedom Flag of running away to the River. http://www.waneefestival.com/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi , Saw you on the vintage Etsy team, love your art!

Sue Brassel said...

Lovin' the new stuff Sing. Hope all is well. ~Pink
www.suebrassel.com

Justgivemepeace said...

Holt House...Thank you! I loooove the cool folks on that Team... And the finds, OMG! I could just wallow in that world:)

Pink! How are you friend? It's been a helluva winter, and the Sunshine, finally home again, is the new promise! How's the new venture going? Much Peace:)

The Bohemian Dilettante said...

I absolutely love your artwork.

Justgivemepeace said...

TheBohemian...You absolutely made my day!