Monday, May 03, 2010

Love Grows, Singleton Hippie Art

LOVE GROWS
(C) Singleton 2010

SOLD


"A gazillion love bugs
holding hands fly
wrecklessly into my five o'clock windshield,
Romeo's and Juliettes,
a dime a dozen,
throwing themselves into eternity...
And then I remember...
the first time I saw them....
fluttering above the damp sidewalk
,like gothic teenagers high as kites,
embraced in flight....
dipping and diving,
swooning...
in the dusky light...

I was nine.
And they've touched me ever since....
Love Grows...

And this time,
I'm not letting go...."

Words and Artwork (c) Singleton 2010

11" x 15" Original Hippie Poster....Watercolors, markers, sharpie on 140 pound acid free watercolor paper. Love Grows...

4 comments:

http://lindageez.etsy.com said...

You're incredible Sing! Love and Peace! Linda

singleton said...

Muah, sweet Friend! And always,
Much Peace~Love:) Let it grow!

Anonymous said...

Your art is A M A Z I N G!!!!!
Im in total awe, and cant get over the fact that i wont be be able to have them all (or at least one of them) on my walls!

Laura in Sweden

Justgivemepeace said...

Awwww...you made my day! 4 days later:) Much Peace to you, and splash color everywhere, it's good for the soul...and the walls, LOL!