Saturday, March 22, 2008

Fairytales and Other Fables Singleton Outsider hippie art

Fairytales and other Fables
(C) Singleton 2008

Featured soon at Cafepress.Com

Falling,
helplessly
tumbling
through the
looking glass,
the make-shift mirror,
the flat lined ocean,
and then
floating,
drowning,
buried in underwater
petticoats
and pretty little stories,
listening
for the quiet to come...

But she held the tickets,
the 50/50 raffle stubs,
the pink "Get out Free" cards
and it was raining,
and she was crying,
and tossing them overboard,
pennies in an endless fountain....
win, lose or draw....

bread crumbs
for hungry fish.....

5 comments:

Maithri said...

I need a get out free
card
this morning

After that
15th hour
that made me
lose
my cool

Made me
rage

for the man
drowning
in his own lungs

that a
"its the end of my shift"
nurse refused to help...

Sometimes
we just need a bread
crumb

a rusted penny

a single drop
of peace

to save
us from ourselves

to help us
to remember

at days end
or beginning

"I can choose peace

rather
than
this"

My love to you beautiful friend,

M

and PS - A peaceful and wonderful Easter to you and yours!

~Babs said...

50/50
half full or
half empty
and she does hold the tickets.

singleton said...

Maithri.....

"I can choose peace".....
That is the get out free card....
You know when I read this,
felt it,
heard it,
saw the corridors
in the womb of the night,
I had to send you
the only little wornout
faded pink tickets I had....
On wings....

Wishing you peace, my friend, and love....on this day....

Babs.....
Win, lose, draw,
it's all in what we choose....
Peace~love sweet one

Pythia3 said...

Ahhhhhhh.......but you're just a bunch of cards........I said
CRASH
Bam
Kaboom
WOW
I'm still standing
I must be real
in an unreal world
xoxoxoxoxoxox

singleton said...

pythia....
I know I'm not in a fugue state of mind,
floating, falling
Kaboom
Bam
wow.....
but i was here before,
typing these words only
different,
and poof!
they're gone.....

Peace~love friend
in a
floating world!