Saturday, March 24, 2007

Simply Saturday, outsider hippie art, Singleton 2007

(c) Singleton 2007
SIMPLY SATURDAY
Outsider Hippie Woman Art

SOLD

Tattered little wings
strung around my neck,
Feathered Trinkets falling to the ground....

Dancing in the dust
Dancing in the past
Dancing in the old

And it's all new
And I've never been here before
And never seen your face, your eyes, your smile...
Felt your breathe....

But it's the new love
that's the oldest.....

And I've missed you for a million years....

81/2 by 11 on Cardstock...Colored pencils, pens, markers and all that charm....

9 comments:

skinnylittleblonde said...

ewwwww.....I think I'm in love with her.

Anonymous said...

...let's see where can I put her???

Anonymous said...

OMG! the more I look...I am in luv~ Tell her to pack her bags...

Anonymous said...

LoL, Lotus...She's looks like her hands are down in front of her holding something...could it be a travel bag? ;)
If I had wings, I have a feeling they'd be like hers...

singleton said...

k guys, gettin' ready to pack this baby off to Skinny and found these words scribbled on the back.....

"And I had wings,
but now they're clipped...
And I'm dancin'
furiously
in place,
kicking seeds at the
make-shift bars,
trying desperately
to toss
JUST ONE
outside the box....

Love grows......"

C and Sweet Sib.....Love grows!

eric1313 said...

I love this painting and its poem. Especially the ending lines, very powerful and fun to read and oh yes, a million years or more has my newest love been waiting for me. Even if I don't know who the heck that is!

Great poem.

I'm going to stop now, so that I have more good reading for latter. Very cool.

http://buckatunnaqueen.blogspot.com/

This link belongs to susan miller--she's a wonderful writer from Mississippi who does graceful and earthy writting like this, that I'm sure you all would enjoy, or I wouldn't offer it. Thanks for all the reading!

singleton said...

I followed you through the woods....
What a great tree house you have hidden there.....
thank you for sharing......
It's the new love that's the oldest.....

eric1313 said...

indeed. Respect and well-wishes served with libations of pure choice to you and everyone who contributes here.

singleton said...

Thank you Eric, popping the cap now!