Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Peace, the love drug, Singleton Hippie Art 2008

Peace, the Love Drug
(c) Singleton 2008













Airdrumming
in a space
so empty
I color the walls
with
make~believe
music...
blues wailing
in the distance,
crashing into corners,
and the chorus,
a thousand stray birds strong,
strumming on steel guitar strings in the wind.

And we're high.
Lost in the accidental peace
of a song
you've heard a thousand times before,
but never like this....
free.....
dancing in the wind.....

Peace, The Love Drug, Dark Background Print now available. Visit Singleton's Hippie Art at Just Give Me Peace on Etsy

6 comments:

skinnylittleblonde said...

Peace...The Love Drug! I Love It!

Deep thoughts...sometimes laughter is my little love drug too ;) ILYSVM my beautiful hippie love sister!

singleton said...

Sweet SLB....laughter is the drug....And that, the smile creeping up like a hemline climbing pantyhouse, the giggles gone wild in a churchouse pew, the late night punch drunks.....gives birth to just this....
the accidental high.....
free....
dancing in the wind....

ILYSVVM my sweet sweet know~you~so~well sister

Maithri said...

Intoxicated
as always
by the
wild
peace~love
you write,

and are

Sending you Love and peace flashing like lightning through wild skies and minds,

M

singleton said...

Maithri....
I think I just might have discovered the moonshine gin right here, in my very own backyard....
And
like deja vue,
I remember....
the smile,
the eyes,
the head tossed back in laughter....
Ahhh, the stories the wind could tell.....

Peace~love my friend
Skywriting.....

~Babs said...

"Accidental peace of a song",,,,love that.
Been there,,,high on the music.
Stories in the wind, indeed!

singleton said...

Babs....you got it! The punchline in the wind! And the music plays on and on and on.....

Peace~love
Fridays are for dancin' in the wind