Friday, April 22, 2011

The Spirit, The Peace, The Love, Singleton Hippie Art





"Just Give Me Peace...

a mantra,

a song,

a silly little nursery rhyme

I sing~song over and over again...

Searching for the moment....


And then the dirt roads

opened,

wandered,

spilled over the roots of old trees

and footsteps of ghosts before me,

and led me to the River...


To the

dusty little heart of the Earth...


And there

on the banks of the Suwannee River...

we gathered ....


Kindred Spirits,

and sister loves...

Long legged deer swimming oblivious to our presence...

Owls and

a thousand

butterflies waiting to be born,

new friends,

old friends...

And the Music....


Wrapped in the Wanee....

Peace was the gift...


Much Thanks to All who brought me home again. To the Magic....

To my Sister Love for sparking the spirit and holding my hand, The Saint of all Hippies for leading the caravan and lighting the way, JayMagic for packing us up like the Clampetts and getting us safely there, Sweet Boyfriend of mine for smiling and making sure we had everything we needed, The Allman Brothers and the entire world of the Wanee Festival, the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park for greeting us with opened arms, Steven for coffee and being such a good sport, The Boys for being the best neighbors, Donald, Trish, Victoria, Ray~ray, Semerton and Sheila for wildness, disco nights, roller coaster rides and Taxi rides...Theresa for the laughter in the wind....And to all....each and every soul, every tree and sapling that graced us, every animal, large and small that made room for us and welcomed us.... And to the River,~ the Goddess of it all, Much Peace, and Thanks....


Artwork (c) Singleton 2011







2 comments:

audrey said...

Ah, Sing, you make me wish that I had been there. I am happy for you that you had such a wonderful, magical time.
LOVE the peace sign.
♥ audrey

Justgivemepeace said...

(((Audrey))))
Put it on your calendar...
for next spring...
Dust off your wings and runaway...
I'm still basking in the afterglow,
amazed that I waited over half a century to find paradise:)
Much Peace my friend